Sisseton Wahpeton College - Application for Admission


The following information is requested based on funding provided by the Tribally Controlled Community College Assistance Act of 1978:

If yes, please indicate below the GED Testing Center you have received your GED from:

If you have a disbility for which accommodations may be necessary, please submit a confidential written request for disability accommondations to: Vince Owen,

P.O. Box 689 Sisseton, SD 57262 or call (605) 698-3966 Ext.1246.

Written documentation of disability is usually required. Disability accommodation information will be confidential and used only in accordance with federal regulations issued pursuant to Section 504 of the

RehabilitationActof 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act.


Application Instructions

Sisseton Wahpeton College utilizes an open admissions policy. SWC admits students of any race, creed, and national or ethnic origin. To be admitted under regular college admission requirements, a prospective student must possess a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate:
1. Complete an SWC Application for Admission and return it to the SWC Office of Admissions. This must be submitted no later than one week prior to the date of registration.

2. Request from all previously attended high schools, high school equivalency testing centers, and colleges to forward official academic transcripts directly to the SWC Office of Admissions. All fees for transcripts are to be paid by the student.
  NOTE: All transcripts received from other institutions that have been presented for admission or evaluation become a part of each student’s permanent academic file of the college and    cannot be released, duplicated, returned or forwarded to another institution.

3. Former SWC students must complete a SWC Application for Re-admission and return it to the SWC Office of Admissions.

4. Submit certification of Tribal membership, or Tribal ID, if a member of a recognized Tribe.

5. Upon receipt of all required forms and documents as described above, an official letter of acceptance will be issued to the prospective student.

6. Confer with the SWC Financial Aid Director for information on financial aid requirements. 

Go to top